In-Text Citation In A Research Paper: A Smart Guide
Correct in-text citations within a term or a research paper could actually make a big distinction between a failing and a satisfying remark. This is mainly because a failure to provide the correct in-text citations can result to plagiarism-related issues. It is worthy of note that with the use of in-text citations, it will be a lot easier for readers to determine where the data you are delving into hailed from.
To put it simply, this provides where the credit is due for the conception of concepts or ideas which you are linking within the text of your analysis. Keep in mind that even though you are taking all of your data from one source, it is still and will always be pivotal that in-text citations are not overlooked.
Here are some of the important reminders you have to consider for in-text citations:
- It is imperative to utilize an in-text citation when you are talking about an idea that is derived from other source and is not your own. Take in mind that any data such as statistics, paraphrases, images, paraphrases, information and quotes which you utilize from another source must be clearly indicated within the text of your writing work.
- Be sure to put the in-text citation within the text of your writing work right after that data that that citation pertains to. At times, you need to place the citation after a set of phrases or sentences that tackles the same concept or idea when you are delving into a concept in more than a single sentence. Other times, you will need to go at the final part of the sentence.
- What is more, there are cases when you will need more than one concept within a sentence and each concept shall come from a different source. Such case like this, it is fundamental to have what is referred to as multiple or more in-text citations within the sentence.
- It is a must to go over the guideline of specific kinds of writing style which you have been tasked to utilize in composing your analysis to point out the correct outline for your in-text citations. It is worth mentioning that a few of the most usual citation methods used comprise of Chicago, MLA and APA.
- Lastly, make it a point that each in-text citation coordinates well with a full citation that is indicated in your reference list. This is referred to as works cited list or the bibliography. It is significant to understand that this enables the reader to look at a citation within the text of the writing work and pertain to the reference list in order to come up with the complete details of the citation so it is a lot easier to explore the subject matter further on his or her own.